// ABOUT THE BLOGGER //
Hi, I’m Kasey. I’m from Raleigh, North Carolina, and I’m a former French teacher of nine years. I utilize my language, writing, website design, and content creation skills from teaching in my current endeavor as a Freelance Music Journalist. Currently, I interview artists, review new music, create weekly playlists, and provide a music discovery platform for emerging indie artists. I also design and plan events virtually for the blog and social media.
While I have an extreme passion for everything music-related, I specifically enjoy collecting vinyl, discovering new artists, creating engaging content, and promoting indie artists and record labels. This blog is a passion project that comes from many years of wanting to create a space for artists and fans to share, and so POETRY DANS LA RUE was born in the summer of 2019.
// OUR MISSION //
POETRY DANS LA RUE is an independent music magazine that promotes new and upcoming artists in the music scene all over the world. Our goal is to provide a platform for ‘on the rise’ artists and encourage fans to discover new music. We also work to support many different causes through music, such as mental health, COVID relief, and equality. “POETRY DANS LA RUE” represents the idea that art, music, and poetry are all around us. It stresses that music does not judge and is a universal language for everyone.
// BEHIND THE SCENES //
- My husband and I love to travel to many shows across the country, sometimes even across the pond.
- Speaking two languages allows PDLR to connect with artists in the English and French-speaking worlds.
- PDLR often interviews artists for features on the blog. Feel free to reach out!
- We have advanced social media and networking skills in our niche, but are always learning new things.
- PDLR also organizes charity events, such as IGTV festivals, that promote new artists and a variety of causes.
- We love listening to new music, making new connections, and collaborating with artists and other bloggers.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out what’s new at POETRY DANS LA RUE! //